April 11, 2019

REFLECTIONS ON APRIL 11TH




 I was preparing for bed on this, the 11th of April, and reflecting on the day--it dawned on me that this is the anniversary of my sweet Prince’s passing. So hard to believe it has been eleven years! I like the word “passed” as opposed to “died” as I know my big guy has passed on to a heavenly realm. A place that is not restricted by time or space or human frailty. A place where love resides and truth is unfettered. I know he is encircled by love and joy that emanates from our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that, just as he was my safe harbor here on earth--he is now my guardian angel on the other side who hovers near me and all those he loved and cared about--which is many. I know his influence was great while he was here on the earth but is even greater and more far reaching from the other side. I know there is a master plan--a great plan of salvation and eternal happiness--and because of that, I know I will see and embrace him again. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I am also grateful for four amazing sons who honor their father with their own lives--he truly lives on in them in so many wonderful ways! I love them beyond words. The thought often crosses my mind that I am following in my sons’ footsteps as I serve my Savior on this mission. What a blessing and an honor!

I am so thankful that this day passed by with no feelings of sorrow or sadness which is a first for me. I totally attribute that to the fact that I am immersed in the Lord’s work here in the Philippines. I continue to feel God’s loving influence and guiding hand in all the small details of my life as I navigate these very unfamiliar waters. So so grateful for this opportunity and experience--it has already been life-changing! Love you forever, my Prince!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are at peace in your service. I think of you often and pray for your success and joy in the work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this loving message. Be safe my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete